- Enables the success of student academic achievement.
- Has an oversight role for all students within the school setting, to ensure a safe academic environment conducive to learning.
- Ensures proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students and works cooperatively with the the Principal and Discipline Team.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting to the Principal as required by law and governmental bodies.
- Reports regularly to the Principal regarding students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for action and a summary of actions taken.
- Primary assignment may be a specific grade level (including homeroom duties) or subject teaching to multiple classes in regular or intensive classes.
- May also be assigned additional non-instructional duties such as proctoring exams or supervising recess or lunch.
- Must attend required school functions as identified by administration.
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree, and Fluency in the subject matter to be taught
- Leadership and team management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and self-management skills; Ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Goal orientation; Planning and execution skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Dependability; Readiness to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A MASSACHUSETTS LICENSE OR HAVE PASSED ALL REQUIRED MTELS TO BE CONSIDERED. IF THE INFORMATION IS NOT PROVIDED, THE APPLICANT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION
Springfield International Charter School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, homelessness, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.